Creative Ideas for Outings In Central Virginia
Central Virginia is one of the most historically interesting and culturally vibrant areas in the entire country, and it offers a diverse array of activities that are sure to suit almost any taste and every lifestyle. Below, you will find a few of our favorite suggestions, sorted into three categories: families, couples, and singles. (Of course, many of these activities could easily be enjoyed by any of our categories, so there is no need to limit yourself!)
- Make a Trip to the Beach. Boasting one of the longest Atlantic coastlines of any state in the US, Virginia is a great place for water lovers. A few of the most noteworthy beaches include Norfolk (for the historic city) the eastern shore (for its cluster of adorable beach towns) and Virginia Beach (for its well-maintained beaches and it’s incredible culinary scene.)
- Take a Local History Tour. As one of the original 13 colonies, Virginia is a fantastic place for history buffs. The Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, the dozens of local museums across the region, and Monticello, the home of founding father Thomas Jefferson are a few of the highlights, but there is much more to discover!
- Explore Nature. For those who love the great outdoors, this Trip Advisor article can help you get started discovering a few of the top parks and nature reserves in the Central VA area.
- Sample the Local Cuisine. Richmond´s lively culinary scene is famous across the region and the country — Richmond Magazines 25 Best Restaurants in Richmond remains the definitive guide on the subject.
- Take a Class Together. Another benefit of living in Richmond or the surrounding communities? There are dozens of free classes offered across the metro area on a variety of subjects ranging from pottery to fitness to dancing and much more!
- Have a picnic and Libby Hill Park. Created in 1851 and overlooking most of the historical downtown area, Libby Hill is one of the most beautiful urban parks in the United States and around the world. Pay it a visit to find out why!
- Have a Night Out in Richmond. Boasting several universities and a revitalized downtown area, it’s no surprise that Richmond offers one of the best nightlife scenes in the region. As a historic city, most of the best bars, clubs, and venues are within walking distance — which adds to the fun while making nights out easier, more affordable, and more stress-free, to boot!
- Try A Cooking Class. One of the top-rated events in the entire city…is a combined culinary tour/cooking class hosted by River City Food. This is a great way of trying some delicious cuisine while also meeting new people and learning some skills that are sure to impress your next date, so why not give it a try?
Want to learn more about living in the Central Virginia region? Check out Blue Marble Properties online today for area overviews, home buying tips, property listings, and much more!